Monday, April 20, 2009

Why I'm Not A Special Pumper


First, I get the giggles every time I think about the name of the local chain of gas stations here:  *PUMPERS* 

At any rate, Pumpers offers 4 grades of gasoline at their pumps; however, the 5 selections offer both a premium grade at 91 octane and a special grade at 91 octane.  They are absolutely the same as best I can tell.  So why is the Premium button charging $1.989 per gallon while the Special button (the SAME gas) charges $2.059??  

I had to go inside for something, so I asked the "Fuel Genius" at the counter about the price difference.  She looked down at her pricing sheet, looked at me and opened her mouth to speak, paused then looked back to the pricing sheet again, made a perplexed face, looked back at me and said "Chile, I couldn't tell ya."  

Fortunately for me, I clicked the Premium button.

No comments:

Post a Comment